The Galley, located in Scituate, MA, is a sustainably-minded restaurant that serves creative small plates, crafted cocktails, wine, and local beers.
The Galley is globally inspired with a regional focus, and offers the freshest seafood, finest meats and cheeses, and delightful bites. The owner and Chef, Brian Houlihan, is a longtime restaurateur on the South Shore, with years of experience. Not only does The Galley have awesome and trendy vibes, but it also has some of the most mouthwatering dishes and drinks in the area!
Check out some of my favorite items to order at The Galley that you must try next time you visit.
THE BEST BITES.
To eat, start with the Empanadas, Mac & Queso, Croquettes, or the Nachitos.
- The Empanadas are made with rice, beans, queso asadero, as well as a blistered shishito aioli.
- The Mac & Queso is a must-try, served with fried mac & queso as well as a savory chipotle ketchup.
- The Croquettes come with chicken, corn, salsa fresca, as well as avo-crema.
- And the Nachitos are topped with Manchego, asadero, cotija, chihuahua, Pico pickled vegetables, roast corn, black beans, and your choice of chicken, carnitas, or gringo.
These are all awesome plates to share if you are dining with a group!
Looking for some fresh seafood? Look no further than The Galley’s Raw Bar! Some of my favorites to order include the Cocktel de Camerones as well as the Tuna Tostada.
- The Cocktel de Camerones is served with cocktail shrimp, tomato, onion, and cilantro.
- The Tuna Tostada is served with seared ahi tuna, house blue corn tostada, jicama slaw, as well as avo-crema.
For a main entrée, try the Scituate Fish & Chips, Shrimp & Grits, Birria Burger, the Carnitas Ranchero, or the Taco Bowl.
- The Scituate Fish & Chips is a true classic, served with local haddock, hand-cut fries, tarter, as well as a house slaw.
- The Shrimp & Grits is served with grilled shrimp, poblano and corn grits, as well as chimichurri.
- The Birria Burger is served with a hand packed burger patty, cheese, lettuce, and tomato, and topped with birria meat.
- The Carnitas Ranchero is served with pork carnitas, rice and beans, Pico de Gallo, tortillas, and a Mexican cheese blend.
- And for a salad, the Taco Bowl is served with lettuce, roasted corn, rice and beans, Mexican cheese blend, Pico de Gallo, guacamole, as well as sour cream.
If you are in the mood for tacos, you cannot go wrong with any of them on the menu at The Galley! Some of my favorites include the Beer Can Chicken, Camarones, as well as the Carne Asada.
- The Beer Can Chicken tacos are served with Pico, lettuce, enchilada sauce, and chipotle aioli.
- The Camarones tacos are served with grilled shrimp, red cabbage slaw, Pico, and avo-crema.
- And the Carne Asada tacos are served with grilled steak, chimichurri, Pico, and potato stix.
And pro tip – do not forget to order the Patatas Bravas as a side, all for yourself or to share!
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For margaritas, be sure to try the Caliente Margarita, the Blood Orange Margarita, as well as the What She’s Havin.’
- The Caliente Margarita is mixed with house-infused habanero and jalapeno tequila, fresh lime, and agave. It is the perfect cocktail for those who love an extra kick!
- The Blood Orange Margarita is extremely refreshing, mixed with house-made blood orange tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime, and agave.
- And the What She’s Havin’ is mixed with Blanco tequila, St. Germain, pitaya, agave, and citrus.
The Galley also has a full list of beers and wines if you are not in the mood for hard liquor.
Check out The Galley at: https://www.galleyscituate.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Local 02045, Hull, MA