Gas Lamp Grille is located in the heart of downtown Newport, and is known for having a great atmosphere, people, food, beer, sports, and music, all in one place!
Gas Lamp Grille is American style and offers fresh, home cooked food and spirits. They specialize in everything from steak to seafood and are very accommodating when it comes to both vegan and gluten free options on the menu. In terms of drinks, Gas Lamp Grille has 16 craft beers on draft, a specialty drink and bottled beer menu, as well as an extensive wine list.
Gas Lamp Grille is open every day for lunch and dinner, with two floors of dining. At Gas Lamp Grille, you can enjoy nightly entertainment as well as sit back and relax while watching a big game! Plus, if you have an event coming up, they have a unique two-room private function facility that can accommodate up to 200 guests.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks that you must try from Gas Lamp Grille.
THE BEST BITES.
To start, try the Warm Soft Pretzels, Gas Lamp Nachos, as well as the Gas Lamp Spicy Clam Chowder.
- The Warm Soft Pretzels are Bavarian pretzel sticks served with beer mustard as well as your choice of a side of cheese sauce.
- The Gas Lamp Nachos are a must-try, served with house cooked tortilla chips covered in cheddar-jack cheese, tomatoes, black olives, jalapenos, onions, and lettuce, as well as sour cream and salsa. Plus, you have the option to add chili, Cajun popcorn shrimp, grilled chicken, lobster, or BBQ pulled pork to the nachos!
- If you are in the mood for some hearty soup with a kick, you must try the Gas Lamp Spicy Clam Chowder, mixed with a cream base, peppers, celery, carrots, clams, as well as a hint of cayenne.
For entrees, when dining in at Gas Lamp Grille, you must try one of their Mac & Cheese dishes!
- Some of my favorites include the Applewood Bacon as well as the Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese. These are perfect as an entrée for yourself, or to share!
Some of my other favorite entrees include the Lobster Tacos, the Baked Rigatoni, or the Bacon & Bleu Burger.
- If you are in the mood for seafood, the Lobster Tacos will not disappoint. These are served with sauteed lobster meat, black bean corn salsa, guacamole, lettuce, and a side of tortilla chips.
- For a pasta dish, the Baked Rigatoni is served with pink Vodka cream sauce, smoked mozzarella, and your choice of hot Italian sausage or grilled chicken, with a side of garlic bread.
- And the Bacon & Bleu Burger is served with crispy bacon, crumbled Bleu cheese, bleu cheese dressing, lettuce, tomato, all served on a brioche bun!
For some great late-night options, try the BBQ Pulled Pork and Buffalo Grilled Chicken flatbread pizzas.
- The BBQ Pulled Pork pizza is topped with slow roasted pork, sauteed onions, cheddar jack cheese, as well as BBQ sauce.
- The Buffalo Grilled Chicken flatbread is topped with spicy buffalo chicken, red onion, cheddar jack cheese, and bleu cheese.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For drinks, try the Infused Vodka Martini, the Grapefruit Kiss, Gas Lamp’s Coconut Margarita, as well as the Sex on 2nd Beach.
- The Infused Vodka Martini is mixed with a house-infused vodka base, mixers and flavor depending on their infusion of the day. When ordering, ask your server for the current infusion flavor!
- The Grapefruit Kiss is mixed with fresh grapefruit and mint, Bacardi grapefruit rum, simple syrup, and seltzer with a splash of grapefruit juice.
- Gas Lamp’s Coconut Margarita is perfect for tequila lovers, mixed with Cuervo 1800 coconut, Grand Mamie, Rum Chats (Creamed Rum), and sour mix, served over ice.
- And the Sex on 2nd Beach is mixed with Triple 8 orange vodka, Deep Eddy cranberry and peach vodkas, as well as orange and cranberry juice.
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Seaport Social, Boston, MA