Ben Surro and Christos Kounadis, co-owners for Tap City Grille in Hyannis, Massachusetts, sought to open a gastropub centered on handcrafted brews and the growing foodie culture on Cape Cod.
Since opening in July of 2015, Tap City Grille has generated tons of buzz around town, not only for locals but also for those visiting the Cape as well. The name of the restaurant and the addition of beer in many of the recipes comes from an incredibly diverse and large menu of both draft and bottled beer, including at least 18 that were brewed right in Massachusetts!
Tap City Grille’s hip, urban dining room and bar features exposed pipes, tall tables, and an open kitchen that includes a wood burning oven. Dining in at Tap City Grille will offer a fun and lively experience with great food, great drinks, and great service!
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks at Tap City Grille.
THE BEST BITES.
To start, order the Bang Bang Shrimp, Poutine, Ale Onion Soup, or the Garlic Cheddar Cheese Curds.
- The Bang Bang Shrimp is served with crispy fried rock shrimp topped with a sriracha aioli and wakame.
- The Poutine is the ultimate comfort dish, served with house fries topped with garlic cheddar cheese curds, house gravy, topped with a sunny side egg, and your choice of adding bacon, pulled chicken, short rib, or duck meat.
- Cozy up with an order of the Ale Onion Soup, served with slow braised onions, brown ale, and topped with Swiss cheese.
- And lastly, the Garlic Cheddar Cheese Curds are served with beer battered fried curds and a fig jam for dipping.
Tap City Grille is known for its outstanding pizzas, so you must order one for yourself or to share! Some of my favorites include the Honey Roasted Chicken Pizza, the Jalapeno and BBQ Chicken Pizza, and the Porky Fig.
- The Honey Roasted Chicken Pizza is served with a garlic cream sauce, goat cheese, caramelized onions, pulled chicken, spinach, and a honey glaze.
- The Jalapeno and BBQ Chicken Pizza is served with a BBQ sauce base, fried chicken, jalapenos, bacon, and cheddar jack cheese.
- And the Porky Fig pizza is served with applewood smoked bacon, fig jam, caramelized onions, baby arugula, and a pomegranate molasses drizzle.
In the mood for a sandwich or burger? Try the Steak and Cheese, Belly Buster Burger, Caprese Chicken Sandwich, or the Crab Cake Sandwich.
- The Steak and Cheese is served with shaved sirloin, roasted peppers and onions, American cheese, garlic aioli, French bread, and house fries.
- The Belly Buster Burger is served with Applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, cheddar cheese, zip sauce, and house fries.
- The Caprese Chicken Sandwich is served with grilled chicken breast, fresh mozzarella, arugula, tomato, pesto aioli, balsamic glaze, French bread, and house fries.
- And for seafood lovers, the Crab Cake Sandwich is served with pan seared crab cake, bang bang sauce, lemon and pepper dressed arugula, a toasted bun, and house fries.
Some additional entrees that are must-tries include the Chicken Pot Pie, Short Rib Ravioli, and the Pan Seared Salmon.
- The Chicken Pot Pie is served with pulled chicken, baby peas, carrots, mashed potatoes, and pan gravy.
- The Short Rib Ravioli is served with 5 oversized short rib stuffed raviolis and a short rib Bolognese sauce.
- And the Pan Seared Salmon is served with wild rice, seasonal vegetables, and a balsamic glaze.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
Some of the best cocktails to try at Tap City Grille include the Apple Cider Sangria, the Mango Tango, the Peanut Butter Espresso Martini, and the Signature Margarita.
- The Apple Cider Sangria is mixed with Pinot Grigio, vodka, Triple Sec, apple cider, cloves and spices, fruit, a splash of Starry, and cinnamon sugar rim.
- The Mango Tango is mixed with vodka, a mango puree, pineapple juice, a splash of grenadine, a Tajin black salt rim, and dehydrated lime garnish.
- The Peanut Butter Espresso Martini is mixed with peanut butter and chocolate whiskey, Bailey’s, Kahlua, Amaretto, espresso, and zested espresso beans.
- And the Signature Margarita is served with silver tequila, Triple Sec, house made sour mix, and a lime garnish.
Check out Tap City Grille here: https://www.tapcitygrille.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Twin Oaks Restaurant, Cranston, RI