Pate’s in Chatham, Massachusetts has been open since 1957, and over the course of two owners it has become one of Cape Cod’s most beloved restaurants.
Pate’s was once a cozy hamburger and ice cream stand, and over time grew to be a place of celebration, camaraderie, and community. Not only is Pate’s a great place to stop in for some delicious food and drink, but it is also the perfect spot for engagement parties, anniversaries, birthdays, and large family gatherings.
The new owners of Pate’s have made a commitment to upgrading the space, making it more user friendly and renovating it as a new space to create memories that will last a lifetime. The current menu pays homage to the history of Pate’s, while highlighting the Chef’s talents with inspired nightly specials. The food is fresh, approachable, and made with extraordinary care. With decades-long relationships with local farmers, fishermen, and other local product providers, chefs at Pate’s have access to the freshest, highest-quality ingredients available.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks from Pate’s in Chatham, MA!
THE BEST BITES.
When dining at Pate’s, you must take advantage of their raw bar. Be sure to try the Shrimp Cocktail, Chatham Oysters, as well as the Local Little Neck Clams.
- The Shrimp Cocktail is served with bloody Mary horseradish cocktail sauce as well as lemon.
- The Chatham Oysters are served with a red wine mignonette and lemon.
- And the Local Little Neck Clams are served with bloody Mary horseradish cocktail sauce and lemon.
For salads, some of my favorites include the Wedge Salad as well as the Fall Salad.
- The Wedge Salad is served with bacon, crunchy onions, Great Hill blue cheese, vine-ripened tomatoes, as well as a blue cheese dressing.
- The Fall Salad is an awesome seasonal dish, served with baby kale, dried cranberries, feta, Asian pear, pomegranate, butternut squash, and a sherry vinaigrette.
If you are in the mood for pizza, be sure to order the Artichoke, Spinach and Mushroom as well as the Three Little Pigs pizza.
- The Artichoke, Spinach and Mushroom pizza is served with shallots and mozzarella, with your choice to add truffle oil.
- The Three Little Pigs pizza is served with Italian sausage, bacon, prosciutto, red sauce, and mozzarella.
For some plates to share, I love the Korean Fried Broccoli, the Lump Crab Cake, and the Potato Gnocchi.
- The Korean Fried Broccoli is served with a chili paste, scallions, and basil ranch.
- The Lump Crab Cake is served with acorn squash, roasted peppers, herb pesto, and chorizo.
- And the Potato Gnocchi is served with sage, butternut squash, brown butter, and parmesan.
Lastly, for entrees, try the Surf & Turf, the Gochujang Glazed Short Ribs, the Potato-Crusted Cod Fish, or the Roasted Honeynut Squash.
- The Surf & Turf is served with sliced, grilled medium rare flat iron steak, lobster ravioli, lobster meat, and topped with a truffle cream sauce.
- The Gochujang Glazed Short Ribs dish is served with a turnip puree, black bean salsa, and broccoli rabe.
- The Potato-Crusted Cod Fish is served with tartar sauce, coleslaw, and crispy sea salt French fries.
- And the Roasted Honeynut Squash is served with creamed farro, brown butter ponzu sauce, aged cheddar cheese, and a pumpkin seed crunch.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For drinks, some of my favorite cocktails include the Wild Berry Bliss, Lip Plumper, and the Pate’s Punch.
- The Wild Berry Bliss is mixed with Tito’s handmade vodka, infused blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, and topped with a sugar rim.
- The Lip Plumper is served with Ketel One cucumber mint, strawberry, cucumber, and fresh lemon.
- And the Pate’s Punch is served with Empress gin, St. Germain, fresh lemon, basil simple syrup, and shimmer.
Check out Pate’s at: https://www.patesrestaurant.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Alcove, Boston, MA