Cape Cod during the off season is absolutely gorgeous, and if you are looking for a reason to take a day trip or weekend getaway, look no further! Viera on Main located in Chatham, Massachusetts, is a must-try.
Viera on Main features fresh ingredients, a curated wine list, locally sourced raw bar, as well as a spacious outdoor patio (weather permitting) in the heart of downtown Chatham. Viera on Main is rooted in generations of Cape Cod scallop fishermen, and local connections and great cuisine are what bring guests in the doors. The owners of Viera on Main, Ben, and Angie Porter, use fresh, locally sourced ingredients to support their community, while giving customers the best seasonal flavors that Cape Cod has to offer.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks at Viera on Main and be sure to visit this Fall season!
THE BEST BITES.
To start, order the Chatham Mussels, Viera Crab Cakes, Frito Misto, as well as the Italian Sausage Arancini.
- The Chatham Mussels are served with white wine, butter, garlic, onions, thyme, and focaccia crostini.
- The Viera Crab Cakes are served with citrus celery root slaw and a green goddess vinaigrette.
- The Frito Misto is perfect for those looking for a little extra kick, served with fried calamari and a selection of fried local seafood, arbol chili salt, lemon, and an aji Amarillo aioli.
- And lastly, the Italian Sausage Arancini is served with a roasted chili puree, fennel confit, basil pesto, and shaved ricotta salsa.
When ordering a salad for yourself or to share, you cannot go wrong with the Cranberry Walnut Goat Cheese Salad or the Baby Iceberg Wedge Salad.
- The Cranberry Walnut Goat Cheese Salad is served with mixed greens, pickled cranberries, candied walnuts, goat cheese, roasted butternut squash, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- The Baby Iceberg Wedge Salad is served with Great Hill bleu cheese, heirloom tomatoes, shaved red onion, bacon lardons, and a savory buttermilk bleu cheese dressing.
For entrées, try the Braised Short Rib Ragu, the Seared Cape Sea Scallops, the Panko Almond Crusted Flounder, or the Grilled New York Sirloin.
- The Braised Short Rib Ragu is served with house made pappardelle pasta, pearl onions, butternut squash, spinach, and beef jus.
- The Seared Cape Sea Scallops are served with roasted sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts, caramelized onion, bacon, and a pear brandy cream sauce.
- The Panko Almond Crusted Flounder is served with a warm shrimp orzo salad, tomato, haricots verts, and caper beurre blanc.
- And the Grilled New York Sirloin is served with mushroom risotto, spinach, herb compound butter, king mushrooms, and crispy fried onions.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
The cocktails are Viera on Main are to die for!
Some of my favorites include The Rye Redemption, Mule on Mars, the Honey Badger, Your Spicy Pal, the Cranberry Martini, and the Salted Caramel Martini to pair with a dessert.
- The Rye Redemption is mixed with Bulliet rye, Montenegro amaro, Fee Brothers orange bitters, Filthy black berry, and an orange twist.
- The Mule on Mars is mixed with Grey Goose pear vodka, pomegranate liqueur, fresh lime juice, and ginger beer.
- The Honey Badger is mixed with Gunpowder Irish gin, honey, lemon, and ginger beer.
- Your Spicy Pal, my personal favorite, is mixed with Tanteo jalapeno tequila, fresh lime juice, simple syrup, grapefruit juice, and club soda.
- For a seasonal option, try the Cranberry Martini, mixed with Triple 8 cranberry vodka, cranberry juice, and fresh lime juice.
- And lastly, the Salted Caramel Martini is perfect for those with a sweet tooth, mixed with Smirnoff Caramel Vodka, Rum Chata, and a salted pretzel rim.
Check out Viera on Main here: https://www.vieraonmain.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Boston, MA