The Alcove, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is known for its delicious coastal New England dishes, positive vibes, and a beautiful waterfront patio setting. The Alcove is located right next to TD Garden and North Station in Boston’s West End and is the perfect place to head to before a game or concert! The Alcove is redefining what it means to be a true neighborhood restaurant and will quickly become one of your favorite spots to frequent regularly.
The Alcove has a commitment to line-caught seafood, farm fresh vegetables, locally sourced meats and more, so you can guarantee that their dishes are just as stunning as their waterfront and sunset views. In addition, The Alcove is on the wine spectator award-winning wine list, as Tom Schlesinger-Guidelli curates the deep, thoughtful, often surprising award-winning lists, while Will Piquette shakes things up with creative and classic cocktails.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks that you must try at the Alcove.
THE BEST BITES.
To start, try the Blue Crab Cake, the San Daniele Prosciutto Bite, the Arugula and Chicory Salad, as well as the Beef and Lamb Kofta.
- The Blue Crab Cake is served with grapefruit, Asian pear, jalapeno, as well as parsnip.
- The San Daniele Prosciutto Bite is served with mozzarella house Stracciatella and fresh whole wheat fried dough.
- For something lighter, the Arugula and Chicory Salad is served with Black Mission fig, pickled fennel, Marcona almond, as well as a sherry vinaigrette.
- And lastly, the Beef and Lamb Kofta is served with cucumber and a fresh tahini yogurt.
For entrees, you must try the Mushroom Radiatori, the Blue Crab Crusted Halibut, the Duck Breast, as well as the Sirloin Steak.
- The Mushroom Radiatori is served with squash sugo, kale, and a truffle honey. The Blue Crab Crusted Halibut is served with papaya salad, bamboo rice, and a green herb curry.
- The Duck Breast is served with a warm farro salad, autumn vegetables, and parsnip gravy.
- And the Sirloin Steak is served with smashed potatoes that are seasoned to perfection, as well as a red wine jus.
And of course, you must order some sides for the table to share! Some of my favorite sides to order include the Fall Squash Caponata, the Roasted Brussels Sprouts, the Fried Shishito Peppers, and the French Fries.
- The Fall Squash Caponata is served with pine nut, herbs, and olive oil.
- The Roasted Brussels Sprouts are served with Manchego crema as well as Meyer lemon gremolata.
- The Fried Shishito Peppers are served with Aleppo.
- And the French Fries are fried in rosemary and Urfa pepper.
Lastly, for dessert, be sure to indulge in the Vanilla Panna Cotta, the Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies, or the Ice Cream and Sorbet.
- The Vanilla Panna Cotta is served with peach and pistachio.
- The Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies are an absolute must, served with a cold glass of milk.
- And lastly, the Ice Cream and Sorbet is served with your choice of vanilla, strawberry, or peach sorbet.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For drinks, you must try the Grapefruit League, Scarlet Begonia, Sunshower, Bayside, and the Zakim.
- The Grapefruit League is mixed with Alcove citron, ginger, and maraschino.
- The Scarlet Begonia is mixed with gin, pomegranate, and elderflower.
- The Sunshower is mixed with juniper, anise, and egg white.
- For tequila lovers, the Bayside is mixed with black pepper tequila, strawberry, and basil.
- Lastly, the Zakim is served with bourbon, Punt e Mes, and Alcove falernum.
At The Alcove, you can also choose to order from a variety of different beers, including spirit free, draft, and bottles and cans, as well as a variety of different wines as well.
Check out Alcove at: https://alcoveboston.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Puttshack, Seaport Boston, MA