Looking for an excuse to visit the beautiful Cape Cod during the winter months? You must put The Beacon Room on your bucket list. The Beacon Room is a casual yet elegant dining experience that was once a small cottage in Orleans, Massachusetts. The Beacon Room serves classic cuisine with a unique, creative twist and has a full cocktail (and mocktail!) menu with an extensive wine list.
The restaurant serves lunch Thursday through Monday from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm. At The Beacon Room, there is truly something for everyone on the menu, whether you are in the mood for seafood, salads, sandwiches, burgers, and more!
Check out some of our favorite items at The Beacon Room and get ready to plan your visit.
THE BEACON ROOM BEST BITES
For lunch at The Beacon Room, be sure to order the Crab Cakes or White Bean Roasted Garlic Hummus to start. The Crab Cakes are plump and pan fried (to perfection!) and topped with champagne-beurre blanc and chives. For a lighter option, the White Bean Roasted Garlic Hummus is served with roasted red peppers, lentils, as well as grilled naan bread.
For an entrée, if you are in the mood for a salad, order the Gorgonzola, Walnut and Sun-dried Cranberry Salad. This salad is tossed with field greens and house vinaigrette, with the option to add chicken, salmon, grilled shrimp, or a veggie patty.
For a heartier entrée, check out the Chicken Quesadilla, the Turkey and Guacamole sandwich, or make your own burger.
- The Chicken Quesadilla is made in a flour tortilla with chicken, cheese, green chilies, and jalapenos, served with traditional trimmings, including salsa and sour cream.
- The Turkey and Guacamole sandwich is every guacamole lover’s dream sandwich! It is oven roasted in house, grilled brioche roll with honey mustard and cheddar cheese, with the option to add bacon.
- The “Build Your Burger” menu item is a burger served with lettuce, tomato, and onion on a grilled brioche roll with French fries, or your choice to swap in truffle fries! The burger has several different add-ons to choose from such as bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and your choice of cheese.
For dinner at The Beacon Room, we recommend the Roasted Cod Loin, Pork Schnitzel, or the Roasted Maple Leaf ½ Duck.
- The Roasted Cod Loin is lobster risotto with corn and scallion, lemon tarragon butter sauce, as well as a house vegetable.
- The Pork Schnitzel is served with a Dijon cream sauce, braised red cabbage, whipped potatoes, as well as arugula tossed with pistachios, dried cranberry, apples, and a citrus vinaigrette.
- And the Roasted Maple Leaf ½ Duck is served with Michigan cherry sauce, whipped potatoes, and a house vegetable.
THE BEACON ROOM SEASIDE SIPS
For cocktails, we recommend trying the Sunday Funday, Salt Foam Margarita, as well as the Pina Colada Sangria.
- The Sunday Funday is mixed with Los Sundays coconut tequila, pineapple juice, fresh lime, a splash of soda, and served on the rocks.
- The Salt Foam Margarita is orange-infused tequila mixed with gran mariner, sour, lime, and topped with a lime salt foam, with the option to add jalapenos for an extra spicy kick.
- And the Pina Colada Sangria is mixed with white wine, Malibu coconut rum, and grenadine.
The Beacon Room also has a variety of Mocktails to choose from if you are not looking to include alcohol in your beverage. Check out the Blueberry Lavender Lemonade as well as the Ginger Basil Grapefruit Mockmosa.
- The Blueberry Lavender Lemonade is mixed with blueberry, lavender syrup, and lemonade.
- And the Ginger Basil Grapefruit Mockmosa is mixed with basil syrup, grapefruit, and ginger ale.