Ballard’s Beach Resort is known as a Block Island tradition and was built on the location of a late 1800s hotel on the breakwaters of the Old Harbor on Block Island. The current owner’s father, Steve Filippi, founded Ballard’s Beach Resort in 1956, and it has been a classic ever since!
Ballard’s has a historic inn and hotel, a quarter mile-long private beach, an oceanfront restaurant, and daily live music, making it known as the premier beach destination on Block Island for visitors and locals to take a load off and enjoy the ocean, views, and more!
Ballard’s has everything that you need for the perfect day trip during the summer or if you are looking to stay for a weekend getaway or full week vacation.
Ballard’s is just steps away from the mainland ferry and offers food, drinks, tiki bars on the beach, Hampton Style Cabanas (hello, R&R!), beach chairs as well as umbrella rentals. At Ballard’s, you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the beachfront restaurant – what is better than good food, good company, and good views during the summer season?
Not only can you enjoy live music every day at Ballard’s, but you can also get a taste of the seafood they are best known for, with lobster being the highlight of the menu as well as the locally sourced oysters. In addition, you can indulge in Rhode Island’s best littleneck clams and fish caught from Block Island!
Whether you are interested in checking out Ballard’s for a meal or renting space for a private event such as a wedding, you will not be disappointed with everything that Ballard’s has to offer.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks that you must try during your visit at Ballard’s Beach Resort.
THE BEST BITES.
If you are dining at Ballard’s for breakfast, be sure to try the Avocado Toast on Grilled Artisan Bread, the Breakfast Pizza Omelet, or the French Toast.
- The Avocado Toast on Grilled Artisan Bread is served with fresh avocado, tomato, arugula, red onion, and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and lemon, with the option to add two poached eggs and/or lobster!
- The Breakfast Pizza Omelet is served with omelet-based pizza that is smothered with sun dried tomato pesto, mushrooms, chorizo, spring onion, mozzarella, and oregano.
- And if you are in the mood for something sweet, the French Toast is served with thick-cut brioche as well as fresh, seasonal berries.
For lunch or dinner, start out with the Lobster Salad Sliders, the Stuffies, Crispy Southern Chicken Sliders, or the Sauteed Littlenecks.
- The Lobster Salad Sliders are served with fresh lobster and crisp lettuce on fresh silver dollar rolls. The Stuffies are served with twin quahogs and savory, flavorful chorizo seafood stuffing.
- The Crispy Southern Chicken Sliders are served with three fried chicken breasts and tangy coleslaw on flavorful buns.
- And the Sauteed Littlenecks are a must-try, served with succulent clams, aromatic garlic, white wine infusion, and garlic butter sourdough.
For an entrée, try the Brown Butter Lobster Roll, French Dip Burger, or the Pan Roasted Salmon Fillet.
- The Brown Butter Lobster Roll is served with ½ pound of perfectly cooked lobster, bathed in aromatic brown butter with a fresh lemon splash.
- The French Dip Burger is served with savory grilled onions, spicy sriracha mayo, and melted gruyere cheese served on a toasted brioche roll.
- And the Pan Roasted Salmon Fillet is a great lighter option, served with savory pan-roasted salmon, sundried tomato, tapenade, asparagus, and potatoes.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For drinks, you cannot go wrong with the Patron Margarita, the Mango Tango, the Citrus Lemonade, and the Goombay Smash.
- The Patron Margarita is mixed with Patron tequila, Triple Sec, sour mix, lime juice, and a splash of orange juice.
- The Mango Tango is mixed with mango vodka, coconut rum, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice.
- The Citrus Lemonade is mixed with Citron vodka, Triple Sec, sour mix, and a splash of cranberry juice.
- And of course, the Goombay Smash (a Block Island MUST), is mixed with coconut rum, banana liqueur, and dark rum with orange and pineapple juices.
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Central Wharf Co., Boston, MA