Mattakeese Wharf Seafood Restaurant located in Barnstable, Massachusetts has been family owned for over 50 years. Mattakeese is known for its spectacular waterfront and sunset views, gorgeous dock, and New England classics such as Cape Cod lobsters, fresh seafood, and steaks.
Mattakeese Wharf Seafood Restaurant is located off Route 6A, Barnstable Village, on Barnstable Harbor, and is a must-try if you are spending time on the Cape. On the weekends, you can visit Mattakeese for live music while you indulge in delicious food and drink, which runs from now all the way through the end of September.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks from Mattakeese Wharf Seafood Restaurant that you must try next time you visit.
THE BEST BITES.
Start off with the Deep-Fried Calamari, Cod Bites, Baked Stuff Quahogs, or the Smoked Salmon Crostini.
- The Deep-Fried Calamari is tossed with banana peppers and parmesan cheese or served plain with marinara sauce.
- The Cod Bites are served with a basket of fried cod with lemon and tartar sauce.
- The Baked Stuff Quahogs are served with two quahogs made with chorizo, sweet onion, and bell peppers.
- The Smoked Salmon Crostini is served with French bread crostini, lemon caper cream cheese, as well as horseradish sour cream.
If you are in the mood for a salad, my favorites are the Cape Cod Greens, Lobster Salad Plate, as well as the Arugula Salad.
- The Cape Cod Greens is served with mixed greens, bleu cheese, craisins, candied walnuts, and tossed with cranberry balsamic vinaigrette.
- The Lobster Salad Plate is perfect for seafood lovers, served with mixed greens, tomato, shredded carrot, red onion, and cucumber, with a side of potato salad.
- The Arugula Salad is mixed with fresh arugula with strawberries, goat cheese, candied pecans, and a balsamic glaze.
Some of the best entrees to try are the Grilled Swordfish, New England Cioppino, as well as the Chicken Milanese, Braised Short Rib, and the Au Poivre Burger.
- The Grilled Swordfish is served with black bean and corn salsa, served with Chef’s choice of vegetable as well as a citrus quinoa.
- The New England Cioppino is perfect for the summertime, served with P.E.I. mussels, scallops, shrimp, lobster, and fish simmered with chorizo, corn, potato, and peppers in a lobster, tomato, leek broth, and served with a grilled crostini.
- If you are not in the mood for seafood, the Chicken Milanese is served with a panko parmesan crusted chicken cutlet, lightly fried and served with an arugula and balsamic roasted tomato salad.
- The Braised Short Rib is served with a prime beef short rib, Chef’s choice of vegetable, a red wine demi-glace, and parmesan risotto.
- Lastly, the Au Poivre Burger is served on a brioche bun and is black pepper crusted, served with bleu cheese and caramelized onions, topped with lettuce and tomato and served with crispy French fries.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
If you are a martini lover, you will not be disappointed with the Mattakeese martinis. Some of my favorites are the Organic Cucumber, the Espresso Martini, the Cranbogtini, as well as the Limoncellotini.
- The Organic Cucumber martini is mixed with crop organic cucumber vodka shaken ice cold with a splash of dry Vermouth, garnished with fresh cucumber.
- The Espresso Martini is mixed with Stoli Vanil vodka, Kahlua, as well as espresso.
- The Cranbogtini is super refreshing, mixed with Triple 8 cranberry vodka, sour apple Schnapps, cranberry juice, and a little sour mix.
- And lastly, the Limoncellotini is one of my favorite summer beverages, served with crop organic Meyer lemon vodka as well as limoncello.
Learn More About Mattakeese: https://www.mattakeese.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Ballard’s Beach Resort, New Shoreham, RI