SOBEWFF Returns, Bringing Food Network’s Finest to Miami
It’s that time of year when South Miami transforms into a food lover’s paradise. The Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF) presented by Capital One this coming February 22-25 is a highly anticipated annual celebration that showcases Magic City’s extraordinary culinary scene. This festival is a magnificent mélange of food, wine and entertainment all tastefully curated into a four-day extravaganza attracting enthusiastic eaters, drinkers and industry professionals from far and wide.
This year, the fest boasts more than 105 events, 500-plus chefs and wine and spirit producers, Food Network’s biggest stars, Grammy-winning musicians and some of today’s biggest lifestyle personalities who will all convene for an unforgettable celebration.
SOBEWFF is, in fact, renowned for its star-studded lineup of events that highlight the skills and ingenuity of internationally-acclaimed chefs. Esteemed culinary masters like Bobby Flay, Michelle Bernstein, Andrew Zimmern and numerous others bring their expertise, talent and celebrity cachet to this event. The festival offers a unique opportunity for food lovers to experience cooking demonstrations, participate in Q&A sessions and even get photos with their favorite culinary icons.
Not only about food, the festival also celebrates the world of libations. Wine enthusiasts can enjoy tastings that showcase a selection that spans the entire globe. The festival also presents events that highlight craft cocktails and high-quality spirits, adding touches of glamour to the culinary celebration.
SOBEWFF caters to an audience with its range of events and activities suited for everyone. Whether it’s a beachside barbecue, seafood feast or an elegant dinner featuring world renowned chefs, there’s something to suit every palate and preference.
For those hungering for details, following is the lineup of festival events:
Returning Fan Favorites:
- Rachael Ray returns to host the 17th annual Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons® (Thursday, February 22)
- Guy Fieri will host Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives LIVE featuring more than 25 eateries from the hit show. (Friday, February 23)
- Enjoy LIVE cooking demonstrations from Food Network personalities and explore three-blocks worth of delicious bites and drinks at the Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village featuring Publix Culinary Demonstrations sponsored by Sub-Zero Group Southeast. (Saturday, February 24 and Sunday, February 25)
- Aarón Sánchez will host Tacos & Tequila presented by Tequila Cazadores featuring more than 25 chefs serving up various iterations of Mexico’s most iconic dish. (Saturday, February 25)
- Andrew Zimmern and Melba Wilson will close out the Festival with BACARDĺ presents The Block Party with a special performance by Rev Run! (Sunday, February 26)
From high-energy cooking competitions to exclusive one night only pop-ups, we’ve cooked up a range of new events that will keep you entertained all Festival long. Highlights include:
- FoodieCon® Kick Off Happy Hour (Friday, February 23)
- The Art of Punch Room presented by MATADOR Bar and EDITION (Friday, February 23)
- Noche Cubana hosted by Michelle Bernstein, David Martinez and Gio Gutierrez (Saturday, February 24)
- Bobby’s Triple Threat hosted by Bobby Flay, Tiffany Derry, Brooke Williamson and Michael Voltaggio (Saturday, February 24)
- Bubbles Brunch hosted by The Cast of The Kitchen: Katie Lee, Jeff Mauro and Geoffrey Zakarian part of The New York Times Series (Sunday, February 25)
- Champagne Dim Sum Brunch hosted by Molly Yeh (Sunday, February 25)
- Goya Foods’ Heritage Fire: Grand Finalè part of The Hangar Event Series presented by Capital One (Sunday, February 25)
- A Sushi Omakase Collective hosted by MILA Omakase, Mr. Omakase, Nossa Omakase, Sushi By Scratch Restaurants and Miss Crispy Rice (Sunday, February 25)
From Overtown and Wynwood to Hallandale Beach and the Miami Design District and all points in between, the 2024 Festival offers a carefully-curated series of events spotlighting the vibrant local cuisine and culture of these neighborhoods and the profoundly important role they have had in shaping South Florida today. Event highlights:
- A Taste of Italy hosted by Dario Cecchini, Alex Guarnaschelli and Gabriele Bertaccini part of the Miami Design District Event Series (Thursday, February 22)
- Steak and Whiskey hosted by Michael Symon part of the Miami Design District Event Series (Friday, February 23)
- The Cookout presented by Stella Artois hosted by JJ Johnson (Saturday, February 24)
- Smorgasburg After Dark hosted by Amanda Freitag, Marc Murphy and Robert Irvine (Saturday, February 24)
- Chicken Coupe: Fried Chicken and Champagne hosted by Kardea Brown part of the Miami Design District Event Series (Saturday, February 24)
- Hallandale Beach Food & Groove: A Wine, Food and Art Experience part of the Hallandale Beach Event Series (Saturday, February 24)
- A Feast of Local Flavors sponsored by Grove Bay Hospitality Group & Friends part of The Hangar Event Series presented by Capital One (Saturday, February 24)
- Overtown EatUp! hosted by Marcus Samuelsson (Sunday, February 25)
- Farmer’s Market Brunch hosted by Michael Schwartz part of the Miami Design District Event Series (Sunday, February 25)
The Festival’s crown jewel, Tribute Dinner part of The New York Times Dinner Series, will take place on Saturday, February 24 and will pay homage to two luminaries who have left an indelible mark on the realm of hospitality. The Italian affair will honor culinary virtuoso Massimo Bottura, along with Luca Garavoglia of Campari Group. The effervescent Rachael Ray will serve as the Master of Ceremonies for the evening and a world-class roster of chefs including Alain Ducasse, Mauro Colagreco, Albert Adrià Acosta, Jordi Roca i Fontané, Antonio Bachour and Bernardo Paladini will serve up dishes to pair perfectly with some of the finest wines and spirits from the Campari portfolio.
This year’s Festival will feature more than 60 intimate gatherings – from seated Brunches and Lunches, to Master Classes, to Wine Seminars and one-night-only Intimate Dinners. These present attendees the rare opportunity to immerse themselves in the art of gastronomy, engage in meaningful conversations and intimately connect with their favorite chefs, local restaurateurs, vintners and mixologists. Each event will feature a variety of high-end wines and spirits from the Festival’s exclusive provider, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
- Dinner hosted by Jon Shook, Vinny Dotolo, Alex Meyer and Luciana Giangrandi (Thursday, February 22)
- Dinner hosted by Alon Shaya, Michael White and Michael Costa part of The New York Times Dinner Series (Friday, February 23)
- BBQ-Making Master Class and Lunch hosted by Apocalypse BBQ part of Master Class Series presented by Capital One (Saturday, February 24)
- Pasta Omakase Lunch hosted by Fabio Trabocchi, Thomas McNaughton, Ryan Pollnow & Danny Ganem (Saturday, February 24)
- Champagne Lanson: Taste the Art of Blending, Crafted by Hervé Dantan Wine Spectator Wine Seminar (Saturday, February 24)
- Brunch hosted by Jean-Georges Vongerichten (Saturday, February 24)
- Dinner hosted by Zak Stern, Michael Beltran and Jose Mendin (Saturday, February 24)
- Dinner hosted by Valerie Chang, Chabela Coss and Ana Castro (Saturday, February 24)
- Beer-Making Master Class at Biscayne Bay Brewing Company part of Master Class Series presented by Capital One (Sunday, February 25)
- Drag Brunch hosted by David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris featuring Mistress of Ceremonies Athena Dion and special performances by Ms.Alaska5000 and Willam Belli (Sunday, February 25)
The South Beach Wine & Food Festival goes beyond being an affair. It represents a celebration of flavors and serves as a gathering of individuals who appreciate Miami’s thriving food scene. Guests not only indulge in delectable dishes and exquisite wines, but also play a vital role in supporting the festival’s mission of fostering future culinary leaders. This, as—beyond indulging our taste buds—SOBEWFF also has a commitment to philanthropy. The festival actively supports Florida International University’s Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management by raising funds for scholarships and educational programs. Attendees can experience the joy of giving back, while enjoying an epicurean journey.
“The Festival is as much a showcase of great food and drink as it is a celebration of the spirit of Miami,” says Lee Brian Schrager, Festival Founder and Director. “The magical setting of Miami is as much a secret to the festival’s success as the amazing local, national and international talent that brings fans back year after year. It’s amazingly rewarding to see the festival that started on the campus of FIU as an international stage that benefits the school nurturing the great hospitality leaders of the future.”
SOBEWFF remains an annual event that shouldn’t be missed by those seeking an exceptional gastronomic experience amid a stellar atmosphere of music, laughter and sunshine on the pristine sand shore of South Beach.
Merilee Kern, MBA is an internationally-regarded brand strategist and analyst who reports on cultural shifts and trends as well as noteworthy industry change makers, movers, shakers and innovators across all categories, both B2C and B2B. This includes field experts and thought leaders, brands, products, services, destinations and events. Merilee is Founder, Executive Editor and Producer of “The Luxe List” as well as Host of the “Savvy Living” lifestyle TV show that airs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Atlanta and other major markets on CBS, FOX and other top networks; as well as the “Savvy Ventures” business TV show that airs nationally on FOX Business TV and Bloomberg TV. Merilee also hosts the Savvy Ventures Podcast & Radio show available globally on W4CY Radio—the #1 ranked live streaming radio station—among others as well as all major podcast platforms, including Pandora, Audible, Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, Streamyard, iHeart Radio and dozens more. As a prolific lifestyle, travel, dining and leisure industry voice of authority and tastemaker, Merilee keeps her finger on the pulse of the marketplace in search of new and innovative must-haves and exemplary experiences at all price points, from the affordable to the extreme. Her work reaches multi-millions worldwide via broadcast TV (her own shows and copious others on which she appears) as well as a myriad of print and online publications. Connect with her at www.TheLuxeList.com and www.SavvyLiving.tv / Instagram www.Instagram.com/MerileeKern / Twitter www.Twitter.com/MerileeKern / Facebook www.Facebook.com/MerileeKernOfficial / LinkedIN www.LinkedIn.com/in/MerileeKern.
***Some or all of the accommodations(s), experience(s), item(s) and/or service(s) detailed above may have been provided or arranged at no cost to accommodate if this is review editorial, but all opinions expressed are entirely those of Merilee Kern and have not been influenced in any way.***
All images courtesy of SOBEWFF