The Coastal Cabin Restaurant, formerly known as Caterina’s Italian Village, features creative coastal cuisine that is both rustic and elevate homestyle fare with seafood, house made sausage, and chef-inspired comfort dishes. Even if you are not a seafood lover, you can guarantee that The Coastal Cabin Restaurant has something delicious for you on the menu.
They offer all New England favorites including lobster rolls, seafood chowder, and fish and chips, but also have a variety of creative fare such as beet carpaccio or braised beef short ribs with bacon Brussel sprouts and truffle fries. Not only is the food tasty at The Coastal Cabin Restaurant, but you can enjoy a trendy and chic atmosphere that gives a warm cabin feeling blending contemporary nautical themes and glimpses of the Newport Bridge.
In terms of cocktails, The Coastal Cabin prides itself on its craft cocktails that are sophisticated and creative, curated with seasonal ingredients and perfect for relaxing on their deck for brunch, lunch, or dinner! They also have a rotating selection of craft beers on tap and a perfectly curated wine list.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks at The Coastal Cabin.
THE BEST BITES.
If you are dining at The Coastal Cabin for brunch, try the Crabcake Benedict, the Tomato and Basil Pesto Omelet, the House-made Chorizo Sandwich, or the Open-Faced Smoked Salmon on Focaccia.
- The Crabcake Benedict is served with over easy eggs as well as a rich lobster hollandaise sauce.
- The Tomato and Basil Pesto Omelet is stuffed with gooey mozzarella as well as caramelized red onions.
- The House-made Chorizo Sandwich is served with a fried egg, avocado tomato salsa, as well as Monterey Jack cheese.
- And the Open-Face Smoked Salmon on Focaccia is served with a fried egg, mashed avocado, tomato, and pickled red onion.
To start your lunch or dinner, try the Caramelized Sea Scallops, the Pistachio Crusted Shrimp Skewers, the Truffle Cauliflower Pizza, or the House-made Meatballs.
- For seafood options, the Caramelized Sea Scallops are served with roasted corn, bacon, and a chimichurri sauce, and the Pistachio Crusted Shrimp Skewers are served with a honey mustard dill sauce – both of which are super mouthwatering and savory!
- The Truffle Cauliflower Pizza is topped with parmesan, fontina, cauliflower, balsamic mushrooms, and arugula, all baked on a rustic, traditional grilled pizza crust.
- And if you are looking for a dish with a little bit of a kick, the house-made meatballs are served with a spicy red curry sauce and pineapple salsa.
For entrees, try the Seafood Pot Pie, the Baked Basil Pesto Gnocchi, the Crabcake Sandwich, or the Truffle Mushroom Burger.
- The Seafood Pot Pie is a puff pastry that is stuffed with shrimp, scallops, a fish selectin, lobster stock, celery, carrot, and onion – every seafood lover’s dream!
- The Baked Basil Pesto Gnocchi is the ultimate comfort dish, served with tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella, and a balsamic glaze.
- The Crabcake Sandwich is a must-try, served with a sauce remoulade, tomato, slaw, and your choice of a side.
- And the Truffle Mushroom Burger is a burger topped with truffle aioli, arugula, fontina, onion bacon relish, and your choice of a side.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For cocktails, try the Chili Lime Mango Margarita, Chocolate Espresso Martini, Limoncello Martini, or the Kickin’ Lemonade.
- The Chili Lime Mango Margarita is every tequila lover’s dream – mixed with tequila, mango puree, fresh lime juice, triple sec, and a dash of hot sauce with a chili salt rim.
- The Chocolate Espresso Martini is mixed with vanilla vodka, Godiva chocolate liqueur, Borghetti espresso liqueur, and coffee.
- The Limoncello Martini is the perfect citrusy cocktail, mixed with Absolut Citron vodka, fresh lemon juice, limoncello, and simple syrup.
- And lastly, the Kickin’ Lemonade will make you feel like you are on vacation – mixed with Vodka, Malibu rum, cranberry juice, lime juice, and fresh squeezed lemonade.
Visit The Coastal Cabin Restaurant this weekend!
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: La Vecina Taqueria, Newport, RI