Res American Bistro is located in downtown Providence and offers a distinctive and lively dining experience with traditional menu items that will truly blow your taste buds away. The name “Res” is a tribute to the three owners, Ryan, Evan, and Stephen, who have been foodie friends for over a decade! All 3 friends shared the same exciting dream to own their own restaurant and serve food they love while providing an experience they know they would enjoy themselves.
At Res American Bistro, in addition to their delicious menu items, they also feature carefully curated wine, cocktail and beer lists. The atmosphere of Res American Bistro is cozy and casual, while also providing an upscale dining experience in their historically renovated space. And the second-floor dining experience features floor to ceiling windows and gorgeous views of the city!
Check out some of my favorite menu items that you must check out when visiting Res American Bistro:
THE BEST BITES.
To start, enjoy the Lobster Tempura, Scotch Egg, or the Res Rangoons.
- The Lobster Tempura is perfect for seafood lovers, served with Maine water tails, sambal honey glaze, crispy kale, and toasted sesame.
- The Scotch Egg is served with sweet and spicy sausage, runny yolk, and a tomato jam.
- And the Res Rangoons are stuffed with crab, cream cheese, bacon, and scallion stuffed wantons.
If you are in the mood for a salad, which is perfect for your meal or to split as an appetizer, my favorites are the Grilled Wedge, the Simple Greens, as well as the Caesar.
- The Grilled Wedge is served with baby romaine heart, roasted onion dressing, crushed Gorgonzola, heirloom tomato, and lardoons.
- The Simple Greens salad is served with delicate spring greens, garden veggies, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- And the Caesar is served with classic dressing, shaved Parmesan, and warm, crispy croutons on top.
For an entrée at Res American Bistro, try the Ricotta Cannelloni, French Cut Chicken Breast, the Ocean Risotto, the Big Res Burger, the Sesame Seared Tuna Bowl, or the Roasted Salmon.
- The Ricotta Cannelloni is served with roasted vegetable pomodoro as well as grated Parmesan.
- The French Cut Chicken Breast is served with sauteed haricot verts, mashed potatoes, and chicken au jus.
- The Ocean Risotto is served with pan-seared jumbo shrimp, dry scallops, lobster beurre monte, fine herbs, as well as asparagus.
- The Big Res Burger is served on a toasted brioche, aged cheddar, secret sauce, rosemary truffle fries and 4 pieces of chicken nuggets.
- The Sesame Seared Tuna Bowl is served with scallion fried rice, avocado, radish, asparagus spears, jalapenos, cilantro, crispy kale, and a lobster miso froth.
- And the Roasted Salmon is served with faroe island caught salmon, cauliflower parsnip puree, sauteed spinach, and toasted chili oil.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
You cannot go wrong with any of the cocktails at Res American Bistro, but when you visit you must try The English Cucumber, the Elvis, Strawberry Fields, as well as “The CC.”
- The English Cucumber is mixed with Grey Goose, cucumber simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and basil.
- The Elvis is perfect for those with a sweet tooth, mixed with Tito’s handmade vodka, Frangelico, Bailey’s, and gill fard crème De banana.
- The Strawberry Fields is mixed with Grey Goose Essences Strawberry & Lemongrass, fresh lemon, sliced strawberries, and champagne.
- The “CC” is perfect for tequila lovers, mixed with Don Julio Blanco, muddled jalapenos and pineapples, Cointreau, agave, fresh lime juice, and a salted rim.
If you are not looking for a cocktail, you can also check out Res American Bistro’s curated wine list as well as their beer list.
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Chelo’s Hometown Bar & Grille, Rhode Island