If you are looking to transport yourself into Southern France from the city of Boston, Mistral is the perfect spot for your next night out.
Mistral allows you to embark on a culinary journey inspired by the picturesque landscapes of Southern France. The restaurant is located in the heart of Boston’s stylish South End and is a testament to the art of French cuisine, skillfully crafted with the freshest seasonal ingredients. Mistral’s menu captures the essence of the Southern France region, creating an unforgettable dining experience.
Mistral’s ambiance is a tribute to the charming landscapes of Provence, with every detail of the restaurant meticulously designed to evoke warmth and sophistication. Mistral features arched windows and handpicked pottery representing the south of France, making each visit a culinary delight.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks at Mistral in Boston’s South End, and make a reservation for this holiday season!
THE BEST BITES.
To start, try the Grilled Portobello Mushroom “Carpaccio,” the Steamed Black Mussels, the Prime Sirloin Carpaccio, the Maine Crab Ravioli, and the Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras.
- The Grilled Portobello Mushroom “Carpaccio” is served with roasted pepper agrodolce and arugula as well as parmesan.
- The Steamed Black Mussels are served with smoke tomato mariniere on grilled semolina toast.
- The Prime Sirloin Carpaccio is served with black truffle aioli, toasted ciabatta, and parmesan.
- The Maine Crab Ravioli is served with fresh rock crab, thyme, and tomato broth.
- And the Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras is served with confit of duck in brioche and dried cherry gastrique.
If you are in the mood for pizza, try the Beef Tenderloin or White Cheese pizza for yourself or to share.
- The Beef Tenderloin thin crust pizza is topped with beef tenderloin, mashed potato, caramelized onion, and white truffle oil.
- And the White Cheese pizza is topped with white cheese, whipped ricotta, hot pepper, sea salt, and arugula.
For entrees, order the Pan Roasted Halibut with Paella Style Risotto, the Grilled Tenderloin of Beef, the Roast Rack of Colorado Lamb, and the Mistral Linguine.
- The Pan Roasted Halibut with Paella Style Risotto is served with Spanish chorizo, tiny clams and piquillo pepper nage.
- The Grilled Tenderloin of Beef is served Vin Rouge, with olive oil roasted broccolini and horseradish whipped potato.
- The Roast Rack of Colorado Lamb is served with Dauphinoise potatoes, honey roasted carrots and haricot verts.
- And the Mistral Linguine is served with cherry tomato, arugula, and parmesan.
You cannot finish a meal at Mistral without dessert! Be sure to order the Chocolate Profiteroles, the Classic Crème Brulee, and the Chocolate Mousse.
- The Chocolate Profiteroles is served with pistachio ice cream, dark chocolate sauce, and pistachio croquant.
- The Classic Crème Brulee is served with raspberries and crunchy palmier.
- And the Chocolate Mousse is served with Valrhona dark chocolate, cocoa nibs, and fleur de sel.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
Some of my favorite seasonal cocktails at Mistral include the Practice What You Peach, the Mistral Red Sangria, the Maple Old Fashioned, the Smoky Negroni, and the Citrus Basil Gimlet.
- The Practice What You Peach is mixed with Sazerac Rye, Giffard peach, lemon, Brovo boomerang, and apple wood smoke.
- The Mistral Red Sangria is mixed with H by Hine cognac, orange liqueur, and Giffard peach.
- The Maple Old Fashioned is mixed with WhistlePig PiggyBack 6-year Rye and WhistlePig Barrel Aged Maple Syrup.
- The Smoky Negroni is perfect for mezcal lovers, mixed with Banhez Joven Mezcal, Campari, carpano antica, and orange bitters.
- And lastly, the Citrus Basil Gimlet is mixed with Ketel One Citroen vodka, Cointreau, lemon, lime, and basil.
Visit Mistral: https://mistralbistro.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Novara, Milton, MA