Andrea’s, located in the epicenter of the East Side’s college neighborhood and shopping district in Providence, Rhode Island, is a must-try if you are a Mediterranean food lover!
Andrea’s offers a unique dining experience with unbeatable service as you sip on a glass of retsina and sample the authentic, fresh Greek and American cuisine. Andrea’s strives to offer a wealth of tastes to treasure, focusing on real Greek cuisine that has been preserved by oral tradition and passed on through the generations. Andrea’s is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious meal with loved ones, as well as book a private event.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks that you should indulge in when you visit Andrea’s in Providence, Rhode Island.
THE BEST BITES.
To start, try the Island Style Mussels, the Spanokopita, the Hot Meze Platter, and the Sauteed Shrimp Santorini.
- The Island Style Mussels are served with Native mussels, house-made red or white broth, as well as an olive oil crostini.
- The Spanokopita is served with baby spinach, feta cheese, and herbs in a flaky phyllo dough.
- The Hot Meze Platter is perfect to share for the table, served with a sample of Andrea’s most popular Greek appetizers.
- And the Sauteed Shrimp Santorini is great for seafood lovers, served with jumbo shrimp, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and virgin olive oil.
If you are looking for a light option for your entrée, try the Andrea’s Salad or the Greek Caprese.
- The Andrea’s Salad is served with artisan greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, capers, peppers, artichokes, Spanish onions, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and Greek dressing.
- And the Greek Caprese is served with tomatoes, goat cheese, basil, and a balsamic glaze.
Other entrees that I love on Andrea’s menu include the Greek burger, the Mediterranean Chicken Linguini, the Feta and Spinach Ravioli, the Moussaka, and the Lemon Oregano Lamb Chops.
- The Greek burger is served with crispy bacon, feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
- The Mediterranean Chicken Linguini is served with scallions, kalamata olives, plum tomatoes, fire-grilled chicken breast, Santorini white wine, and a garlic reduction.
- The Feta and Spinach Ravioli is served with fresh ravioli stuffed with spinach, feta cheese, an egg-lemon sauce, and shaved kasseri cheese.
- The Moussaka is one of my personal favorites, served with layers of minced beef, roasted eggplant, sliced potato, and a house-made bechamel sauce.
- And lastly, the Lemon Oregano Lamb Chops are served with grilled lamb chops, a lemon oregano olive oil drizzle, roasted potato, and sauteed vegetables.
For dessert, be sure to order the Baklava, Chocolate Lava Cake, or the Rizogalo.
- The Baklava is served with phyllo dough, chopped nuts, and honey.
- The Chocolate Lava Cake is served with a piece of chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache center, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream.
- And the Rizogalo is served with rice pudding topped with cinnamon.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
To complement your meal at Andrea’s, try their refreshing cocktails!
Some of my recommendations include the Santorini Martini, the Flaming Espresso, the Tango Mango, and the Apple Pie Martini.
- The Santorini Martini is mixed with Tito’s, Chambord, Midori, and a splash of orange juice and cranberry juice.
- The Flaming Espresso is perfect to pair with your dessert, mixed with vanilla vodka, Bailey’s, Frangelico, Kahlua, and fresh espresso.
- The Tango Mango is mixed with Ketel One, Triple Sec, mango puree, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- And the Apple Pie Martini is mixed with vanilla vodka, apple cider, and simple syrup.
In addition to cocktails, Andrea’s also has a great list of beers and wines to choose from on the menu.
Did you miss last week’s recommendation? Check it out now! The Reef, Newport, Rhode Island