Straight Wharf Restaurant should be at the top of your list for restaurants to visit on Nantucket this year!
Straight Wharf Restaurant has been celebrating the heritage of six decades on Nantucket’s harbor and offers an experience that speaks of a time and place, re-interpreting summer classics as food that you enjoy after a day at the beach, serving it with true hospitality and genuine warmth.
This year, Straight Wharf Restaurant will be opening its doors for its 48th season. They have several different areas where you can reserve to sit back and relax with family and friends, whether it is in the dining room for a full dinner, the bar grill dining, or if you are just heading to Straight Wharf’s bar for some drinks. Reservations at Straight Wharf can be made up to two weeks in advance.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks at Straight Wharf that you must try when visiting:
THE BEST BITES.
For dinner, start out with the Wagyu Beef Tartare, the Straight Wharf Clam Bake, the Pear & Celery Salad, or the Nordic Salmon Crudo.
- The Wagyu Beef Tartare is perfect for steak lovers, served with pickled sweet onions, sunchokes, maitake mushrooms, sunchoke chili crisp, tallow, miso-cured egg yolk, and grilled bread.
- The Straight Wharf Clam Bake is served with buttered lobster, spicy chorizo, fingerling potatoes, littleneck clams, and sweet corn puree.
- The Pear & Celery Salad is extremely refreshing, topped with lookout farms Asian pear, bartlett pear, celery, pecorini, walnut, and lemon.
- And the Nordic Salmon Crudo is served with citrus, green tomato, pickled gooseberry, leek ash, pink peppercorn and Ossetra caviar.
For entrees, you will not be disappointed with the Slow-poached Salmon, Wood-Grilled Swordfish, the Chicken Under-a-Brick, or the Moroccan-spiced Eggplant “Parm.”
- The Slow-poached Salmon is served with brussels sprout and baby kale Caesar, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms, torn bread croutons, and salsa Verde.
- The Wood-Grilled Swordfish is served with garam masala-saffron yogurt, Swiss chard, baby beets, blood orange, currants, and pistachio.
- The Chicken Under-a-Brick is served with warm farro, grilled scallion, spiced pecan, fig, apple-rosemary puree, as well as parmesan.
- And for a vegetarian option, the Moroccan-spiced Eggplant “Parm” is served with hand pulled mozzarella, red peppers, sweet and sour red onion, spiced tomato sugo, spinach, and marinated feta.
You should always have room for dessert, especially if you are at Straight Wharf. For desserts, try the Orange Thyme Panna Cotta, Warm Concord Grape Jelly Donuts, or the Chocolate Bavarian Mousse.
- The Orange Thyme Panna Cotta is served with toasted gingerbread and earl gray ice cream. The Warm Concord Grape Jelly Donuts are served alongside peanut butter brittle and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- And the Chocolate Bavarian Mousse is every chocolate lover’s dream – served with bourbon cranberries, ginger ice cream, and smoked almonds.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
Straight Wharf has some of the most uniquely curated cocktails around that are an absolute must-try when you visit. Some of my favorites include The Island Girl, the Salty & Skinny, and the Seville Spritz.
- The Island Girl is mixed with plantation pineapple rum, lime, and a touch of sweet. The Salt & Skinny is a great option for tequila lovers, mixed with Don Julio Blanco, fresh lime, and a whisper of honey.
- And the Seville Spritz is mixed with Seville orange mommenpop aperitif, cava, and a splash of soda.
Straight Wharf also has a great list of different beers, seltzers, and ciders, as well as a full wine list if you are not in the mood for a beverage with hard alcohol.
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Nautilus Pier 4, Boston, MA