Who wouldn’t want a clean refrigerator? After all, it’s where we keep our food and drinks. However, if your refrigerator is packed full of stuff, cleaning it can be a chore.
You could clean the refrigerator in sections a day at a time, but why drag out this unappealing task? Try this method and you can clean that fridge in less than 30 minutes. As a bonus, use this time to also discard outdated food items.
- Make sure in advance that you have enough empty counter space so you can keep all the food items together.
- Empty your shelves and drawers of food and drinks
- Remove all shelves and drawers
- Spray the inside of the fridge with a solution of vinegar and water, concentrating on soiled areas and let it soak in.
- Wash your shelves and drawers with warm soapy water. Set them aside to dry.
- Head back to your refrigerator and wipe everything down with a clean cloth – repeating the vinegar/water spray if necessary.
- Dry shelves and drawers
- Before you return your food and beverages to the fridge, check the expiration date.
- Toss out foods that have past their expiration date. Only put the good stuff back in.
- Close the fridge door.
“Ta-da” your refrigerator is clean and your food is all good.