Tugboats Restaurant overlooks all of the Hyannis Harbor and is located in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts. Tugboats is a seafood restaurant that is acclaimed for superior dishes at reasonable prices, and it is rated as one of the best outside dining locations on all of Cape Cod!
The menu at Tugboats features both traditional New England seafood offerings, as well as inspired takes on old favorites, ensuring there is something for everyone’s palate.
Teddy Zambelis, the owner of Tugboats Restaurant, has over 45 years of restaurant experience at many Cape Cod favorites. Recently, Teddy and the Tugboats team added newly renovated decks, dining areas, and bars that have been re-designed from the ground up, providing an elegant and memorable dining experience for all.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks that you must try at Tugboats before the summer season ends.
THE BEST BITES.
To start, try the Bang Bang Shrimp, Seafood Cakes, Portuguese Mussels, or the Lobster Quesadilla.
- The Bang Bang Shrimp is perfect if you are looking for something with an extra kick, served with fried shrimp and wonton chips tossed in a savory and spicy sauce.
- The Seafood Cakes are served with fresh greens, pickled red onions, as well as a Cajun tartar sauce.
- The Portuguese Mussels are served fresh along with peppers, onions, and linguica in a mild saffron red sauce with garlic bread.
- And lastly, the Lobster Quesadilla is served with roasted corn, scallions, tomatoes, cheddar jack cheese, and Pico de Gallo on the side.
For an entrée, you will not be disappointed with the Tugboats Gyro Sandwich, the Seafood Sampler, the Lobster Mac & Cheese, or the Salmon Piccata.
- The Tugboats Gyro Sandwich is served with your choice of beef or chicken, tzatziki, crisp lettuce, tomatoes, shaved red onion, as well as feta cheese.
- The Seafood Sampler is served with salmon, cod, swordfish, scallops, shrimp, Ritz cracker, citrus beurre blanc, rice, and vegetables.
- The Lobster Mac & Cheese is the ultimate comfort food, served with fresh lobster meat, cavatappi pasta, baked in casserole and topped with cheddar jack and Ritz cracker crumbs, as well as a lobster tail on top.
- And lastly, the Salmon Piccata is served with seared salmon, lemon white wine sauce, asparagus, as well as spinach risotto.
And if you are looking to really treat yourself, enjoy the 1 ¼ and 2 pounds steamed or baked stuffed lobster, with your choice of two sides, drawn butter, and lemon, or the 1 ¼ pound steamed lobster bucket, served with roasted potatoes, steamers, corn on the cob, as well as linguica.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For drinks, some of my favorites include the Cape Time, Ack Blue, Espresso Martini, Fire Flower Martini, as well as the Spicy Watermelon Margarita.
- The Cape Time is mixed with organic prairie cucumber vodka, soda water, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, as well as mint.
- The Ack Blue cocktail is served with 888 Blueberry vodka, soda water, lemonade, and simple syrup.
- The Espresso Martini is an all-time favorite, served with pearl vanilla vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua, and espresso coffee.
- And the Fire Flower Martini is served with Dulce Vida pineapple jalapeno tequila, hibiscus liqueur, simple syrup, and lime juice.
- And lastly, the Spicy Watermelon Margarita brings the heat while being super refreshing, and is served with ghost tequila, watermelon puree, and sour mix.
Of course, you cannot soak up the last few weeks of summer without some frozen drinks – you can also enjoy frozen alcoholic beverages at Tugboats, including different flavored mudslides, pina coladas, daquiris, and frozen margaritas!
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: 71° West Atlantic Steakhouse, Plymouth, MA