The most challenging part about working out is actually getting up and going. Whether you are going for a walk in the neighborhood, a run on the beach or to your local gym, it is hard to keep yourself motivated day after day.
Here are some pointers to stay motivated to exercise:
- Remember why you started. Whether you are trying to lose weight, gain muscle or just stay healthy remind yourself why you even started going to the gym. There are so many benefits to exercising and it prevents countless health issues in the future. Remind yourself why you started exercising; and that is all the more reason not to stop.
- Put on your workout clothes. Guilting yourself into exercising by wearing the appropriate attire is a great mental trick. Changing out of running clothes without actually running first will make you feel bad pretty quickly. This way if you are already wearing your workout clothes you are one step in the right direction before you even start!
- Stay healthy.If you pay close attention to what you are putting into your body, it will keep you from getting sick, thus resulting in skipping gym sessions. The longer of a break you take from working out, the harder it is to get back into it.
Taking nutritional supplements is a key factor in having a higher immune system. Increasing your intake of Vitamin C or Apple Cider Vinegar will boost your immune system and overall health. Taking a daily vitamin such as Goli is a great starting point. Goli, an apple cider vinegar gummy, has many benefits that can help you in and out of the gym. It helps with digestion, detoxes your body, enhances energy, keeps your heart healthy and much more. Taking a nutritional supplement such as this, will keep your body healthy and ready to exercise. Change your life at goli.com.
- Wash your hair only on days you work out. If you tell yourself that you can only wash your hair after a sweat-sesh, this will drive you to fit in a good workout before your hair gets too tangled or greasy. Whether you wash your hair every day or not, this will give you a reason to workout before you jump in the shower.
- You will have more energy and won’t regret your workout. Getting to the gym is always the most challenging part of working out, especially at the end of the week when you can’t seem to get off the couch. Once you arrive at the gym, it is hard to regret your workout. Here’s why: It is proven that exercise reduces stress and anxiety by increasing the production of endorphins. When you stay active your metabolism and blood flow will increase. It will strengthen your circulation and heart muscles. If you start your morning off with a workout, you may even feel like you could skip your daily cup of coffee.
- Sign up for classes or go to a group fitness center. When something is done in a group, you are less likely to quit early or not show up at all. There is an expectation that you arrive to the scheduled class or group workout, especially if you are paying for it. Whether it is yoga or cross fit, you are able to plan it into your schedule ahead of time — making it that much more of a commitment.
- Work out with people who cheer you on or compete with you. Anything can become a competition if you make it one. Set goals with your friends or a trainer and when they are positively encouraging you, you’ll want to continue. Turn your jog into a race or chat with a ‘gym buddy’ during your weightlifting session. This will keep you motivated to keep going back and improve.
If you have a way of working out that you can enjoy, it will help you to stay active. Taking care of yourself is key to having the motivation and energy to exercise. If you use these tricks, it may help you become a regular at your gym!