Para Maria is a Latin-inspired restaurant that is located in the center of Boston’s Seaport District and is rooted in tradition and steeped in nostalgia.
The name, Para Maria, stems from the heartwarming experiences of making and breaking bread with family and friends. At Para Maria, you are not just enjoying a delicious meal, but also relaxing in a comfortable atmosphere filled with laughter and great conversation.
Chef Tatiana Rosana, a first generation American, grew up in Miami in a traditional Cuban family, where food was always prioritized in center stage. Now, Chef Rosana heads Lookout Rooftop in addition to Para Maria. She has tons of great experience, including competing on the Food Network’s “Beat Bobby Flay,” “Chopped,” and “Chopped Champions,” winning twice and earning the title of two-time Chopped Champion.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks at Para Maria!
THE BEST BITES.
For breakfast, try the Smoked Salmon and Avocado Toast, Huevos Rancheros, or the Bodega Breakfast Sandwich.
- The Smoked Salmon and Avocado Toast is served with sliced avocado, Aleppo pepper, cilantro crema, and pickled red onions, topped on sourdough bread.
- The Huevos Rancheros is served with crispy corn tortilla, refried garlic black beans, sunny eggs, Pico de Gallo, salsa Verde, and cotija cheese.
- And the Bodega Breakfast Sandwich is served with thick cut bacon, cheesy eggs, caramelized Spanish onions, Chipotle aioli, and breakfast potatoes.
For lunch, you cannot go wrong with some of Para Maria’s iconic tacos! Some of my favorites include the Chili Verde Chicken Tacos, Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos, and Spicy Portabella Mushroom Tacos.
- The Chili Verde Chicken Tacos are served with black bean salsa and Monterey Jack cheese.
- The Grilled Skirt Steak tacos are served with Chimichurri, sliced radishes, and cotija.
- And if you are in the mood for something vegetarian, the Spicy Portabella Mushroom Tacos are served with refried black beans, lime crema, and cabbage slaw.
For dinner, try the Patatas Bravas, Grilled Sausage Grazing Board, Orzo Paella de Mariscos, or the Masa Fried Half Chicken.
- The Patatas Bravas are a great starter, served with chili citrus dry rub, chipotle, and garlic aioli.
- The Grilled Sausage Grazing Board is another great starter, especially to share, served with whole grain mustard, escabeche, grilled onions, blistered cherry tomatoes, olives, apricot preserves, and grilled sourdough.
- For entrees, the Orzo Paella de Mariscos is served with shrimp, squid, mussels, peas, and lemon.
- And the Masa Fried Half Chicken is served with coconut milk brine, chipotle sweet potatoes, and smoky chorizo garlic chard.
There is always room for dessert! To wrap up your meal, enjoy the Churro Popover, Mango Sorbet Sundae, or the Coconut Tres Leches Cake.
- The Churro Popover is served with Dulce de Leche, cinnamon sugar, and crème fraiche gelato.
- The Mango Sorbet Sundae is super refreshing, served with dark berry sauce, crushed pistachios, and honeycomb candy.
- And the Coconut Tres Leches Cake is served with guava, orange, and lemon.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
My favorite cocktails at Para Maria include the Seaport Sling, Rosarita, Smoked Martinez, and the Fresa Bubble.
- The Seaport Sling is a great option for gin lovers, mixed with Gunpowder gin, orgeat, ginger liqueur, lemon, and Allagash.
- The Rosarita is mixed with Avion Blanco tequila, Rose, agave, lemon, and lime.
- For something smokier, try the Smoked Martinez, mixed with Peloton De La Muerto Mezcal, Antica Carpano, Luxardo, Orange Bitters, and topped with smoke.
- And the Fresa Bubble is mixed with Espolon Blanco Tequila, strawberry, lime juice, and ginger beer, topped with bubbles.
To pair with dessert, try the Para Carajillo or the Hot Banana.
- The Para Carajillo is mixed with Licor 43, double espresso, sweet cream foam, and sprinkled with cinnamon.
- The Hot Banana is mixed with Antioqueno Aguardiente, Banana Liqueur Coffee, and whipped cream.
For more information visit: https://www.paramaria.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Straight Wharf Restaurant, Nantucket, MA