Moonshine 152 is a laid-back eatery located in South Boston, Massachusetts, commonly known as “Southie.” At Moonshine 152, you can expect street foods with regional and Asian flavors, plus a delicious late-night menu for when you are out on the town and looking for a night cap and snack!
Chef Asia Mei, the owner of Moonshine 152, has years of experience and opened Moonshine 152 as her first solo chef-owned venture. Fueled by the neighborhood’s energy and evolution over the years, Moonshine 152 focuses on maintaining a fun, sustainable, and delicious take on bar and kitchen offerings.
Chef Mei along with the crew at Moonshine continue to draw inspiration from the Southie community, including everything from the spirit of the food to the drinks and warm, inviting atmosphere.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks that you must try at Moonshine 152.
THE BEST BITES.
To start, try the Birria Gringo Tacos, the Autumn Candied Bacon Grilled Cheese, the Jalapeno Crab Rangoons, and the Tapas Style Patatas Bravas.
- The Birria Gringo Tacos are served with Bulgogi beef short rib, salsa fresca, melted cheese, smoky sriracha mayo, shredded lettuce, as well as tater tots and birria dipping jus.
- The Autumn Candied Bacon Grilled Cheese is a must-try for the fall season, served with cranberry-pecan bread, melted cheddar, sliced honey crisp apples, fried sage, shoestring French Fries, and your choice of adding a cup of tomato bisque, a fried egg, or jalapeno bacon.
- The Jalapeno Crab Rangoons are served with a sweet and spicy honey-sambal, as well as real jalapeno crab filling.
- And lastly, the Tapas Style Patatas Bravas are served with crispy olive oil roasted potatoes, sherry pesto aioli, and roasted garlic aioli.
For an entrée, some of my favorite dishes include the Leslie Knope’s “Fried Chicken and Waffle,” the Spanish Tapas Style Steak Frites, the Tiki Roasted Duck Noodle Salad, as well as the Spicy Kimchi Thai Vegetarian Fried Rice Bowl.
- The Leslie Knope’s “Fried Chicken and Waffle” dish is served with Moonshine’s ‘Best of Boston’ fried chicken, a Belgian waffle, sriracha-bourbon awesome sauce, as well as cinnamon honey butter.
- The Spanish Tapas Style Steak Frites is served with tapas shallot roasted patatas bravas, sherry pesto aioli, as well as basil macerated tomatoes.
- The Tiki Roasted Duck Noodle Salad is served with Chinatown-style pulled roasted duck, honey roasted peanut-sesame noodles, duck fat fried brussels sprouts, as well as Vermicelli noodles.
- And the Spicy Kimchi Thai Vegetarian Fried Rice Bowl is served with Asian pear kimchi, jalapenos, scrambled egg, as well as stir-fried veggies.
Top it off with a delicious dessert such as the Pumpkin-Pistachio Baklava Crinkle, Moonshine’s Butterscotch Pudding, or Jaime’s Favorite Oreo Cookie Layered Fudge Brownie.
- The Pumpkin-Pistachio Baklava Crinkle is served with pumpkin pie custard, local honey, toasted pistachios, as well as crinkled cinnamon-sugar baked Phyllo dough.
- Moonshine’s Butterscotch Pudding is served with Chantilly whipped cream and toasted oat-amaranth streusel.
- And lastly, Jaime’s Favorite Oreo Cookie Layered Fudge Brownie is topped with powdered sugar and a Nutella chocolate fudge sauce.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
Some of my favorite cocktails at Moonshine 152 include the ‘Shine Espresso Martini, the Fly Me to the Moon, the There’s Fire, as well as the Shine Spritz.
- The ‘Shine Espresso Martini is mixed with Double espresso vodka, Kahlua, a touch of vanilla, and your choice of Bailey’s Irish cream.
- The Fly Me to the Moon is mixed with Empress 1908 Indigo Gin, Luxardo Maraschino, Crème de Yiolette, as well as fresh lemon.
- There’s Fire, perfect for tequila lovers, is mixed with house-infused spicy tequila, ginger liqueur, fresh lime, and agave.
- And lastly, the Shine Spritz is mixed with Select Apertivo, Pamplemousse liqueur, prosecco, and fresh lemon.
Check out Moonshine 152 at: https://moonshine152.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Pate’s, Chatham, MA