If you are into Italian food, MIDA is a must-try in the South End of Boston. MIDA is an inspired Italian neighborhood restaurant that believes in being generous and thoughtful in the way they prepare their food and engage with their community. MIDA means “he gives me,” and every meal that MIDA creates is meant to be a gift for everyone who visits.
The owner and chef, Douglass Williams, was recently recognized by Food & Wine as one of the top 10 best new chefs in America in 2020. Chef Douglass always finds a place to cook no matter where he goes – from Paris and Thailand to New York and Boston. He has fifteen years of global experience which helps to inform every meal he makes and will make you feel right at home!
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks from MIDA in Boston, MA!
THE BEST BITES.
To start, be sure to order the Arancini, the Caesar Salad, as well as the Glazed Duck Wings.
- The Arancini is served with crispy rice fritters, san Marzano tomato, as well as fontina cheese.
- The Caesar Salad is served with crisp romaine hearts, Caesar dressing, crostini, as well as grana Padano.
- Lastly, the Glazed Duck Wings are served with a luxardo cherry agro-dolce sauce.
For pasta, you cannot go wrong with the Gnocchi Cacio e Pepe, Paccheri Bolognese, as well as the Short Rib Lasagna.
- The Gnocchi Cacio e Pepe is served with ricotta gnocchi, pecorini romano, as well as fresh ground pepper.
- The Paccheri Bolognese is served with pork sugo, broccoli rabe, grana Padano, as well as pangrattato.
- And lastly, the Short Rib Lasagna is served with beef short rib, ricotta, san Marzano tomato.
Some of my other favorite entrees include the Roasted Chicken as well as the Arctic Char.
- The Roasted Chicken is served with mushroom risotto, arugula, and a guanciale-mustard vinaigrette.
- The Arctic Char is served with smashed cannellini beans, Tuscan kale, parsley gremolata, as well as fresh lemon juice.
To go along with your meal, some of the best sides to try are the Charred Cauliflower, Crispy Polenta, and the Roasted Carrots.
- The Charred Cauliflower is served with romesco sauce, mint, and dill.
- The Crispy Polenta is served with gorgonzola dolce, honey, black pepper, and a lemon zest.
- And the Roasted Carrots are served with sumac yogurt and a cherry and almond condimento.
For dessert, be sure to order the Tiramisu or the Citrus Almond Cake.
- The Tiramisu is served with mascarpone mousse, lady finger, and espresso.
- And the Citrus Almond Cake is served with crème fraiche, seasonal citrus curd, and olive oil.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For cocktails, some of my favorites to try from MIDA are the Amalfi Coast, the Apollonia Spritz, the Sicilian Smash, and the Dante Piccante.
- The Amalfi Coast is mixed with vodka, Italicus, grapefruit, and lemon. The Apollonia Spritz is mixed with Bordiga bianco, cappelletti, contratto, and prosecco.
- The Sicilian Smash is mixed with Bourbon, Bordiga Bianco, lemon, and mint.
- And the Dante Piccante is perfect if you are in the mood for something with a kick, and is mixed with house infused jalapeno tequila, pomegranate, and lime.
Not looking for an alcoholic beverage? MIDA also has some great mocktails to choose from, including the Sorrento Spritz, the Alba Bambini, and the Black Tea Daquiri.
- The Sorrento Spritz is mixed with grapefruit, lemon, and mint.
- The Alba Bambini is mixed with house made grenadine, lime, grapefruit, and lemon.
- And the Black Tea Daquiri is mixed with black tea, lime, and toasted coconut.
Check out MIDA here: https://midarestaurant.com/mida-boston
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Moonshine 152, Boston, MA