COAST at Ocean House is recognized as one of CNN Traveler’s World’s Best Waterfront Restaurants, the only one that is recognized in all of New England.
COAST is Forbes Five-Star rated and AAA Five-Star Rated and offers a seasonal menu that showcases the finest of each season’s products.
Guests that dine-in may select from a prix-fixe four-course savory or vegetarian degustation menu with optional cheese courses available to elevate the meal to an indulgent five-course culinary experience.
Everything made on the menu reflects the freshest ingredients and flavors of the Rhode Island coast. COAST collaborates with local farms that allows them to source the highest quality ingredients of the season, and even of each day!
Guests at COAST must be 8 years old or older, and the prix fixe menu is priced at $145/person plus tax and gratuity. For a dress code, be sure to dress resort elegant, with jackets preferred for gentlemen along with collared shirts and slacks, and cocktail attire recommended for ladies.
Check out some of my favorite items on the menu at COAST that you must try when you visit.
THE BEST BITES.
When dining at COAST, enjoy the Bluefish Tuna Toro, Wagyu Dumpling, Maine Lobster, and the Snake River Farms Wagyu Strip Loin.
- The Bluefish Tuna Toro is served with pickled seaweed, Yuzu, Tapioca and Quinoa, Black Garlic, and 10g of Royal Belgian Osetra Caviar.
- The Wagyu Dumpling is served with Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese and Mushroom Duxelle.
- For an entrée, the Snake River Farms Wagyu Strip Loin is served with Foie Gras Onion, Fingerling Potato, Petit Root Vegetables, and a Armagnac Jus Japanese A5 Wagyu Strip Loin.
If you are looking for some vegetarian options, some of my favorites include the Napa Cabbage Dumplings, Roasted Sweet Potato, and the New England Cheeses.
- The Napa Cabbage Dumplings are served with Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese and Mushroom Duxelle.
- The Roasted Sweet Potato is served with brown butter, Swiss Chard, caramelized onion, and mustard seed.
- And the New England Cheeses are served with Artisanal cheese and traditional accompaniments.
For dessert, be sure to try the Brown Sugar Banana Souffle, served with Baileys Anglaise and Chocolate Ice Cream. Or, for cannoli lovers, enjoy the Sicilian Cannoli, served with chocolate cremeaux, vanilla bean ricotta, and pistachio Chantilly.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
For cocktails, enjoy the A Night in Lima, Perfectly Paired, Ritz Cocktail, or the De Cognac Avec Amour, XO.
- The A Night in Lima cocktail is mixed with Barsol Pisco, Cocchi Americano, Sake, Green Tea Honey, and Lime Juice.
- The Perfectly Paired cocktail is mixed with Belvedere Pear and Ginger Vodka, Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, and Fever-Tree Club Soda.
- The Ritz Cocktail is mixed with Moet & Chandon, brut Rose, Champagne, Hennessey VS Cognac, Maraschino Liquor, and Cointreau.
- And the De Cognac Avec Amour, XO is mixed with Hennessey XO Cognac, Orgeat Liqueur 43, Fino Sherry, Bitters, Sauternes Dust, and Foise Gras Cookie.
If you are looking for a mocktail, order the Ocean House Honey Lemonade or the English Garden.
- The Ocean House Honey Lemonade is mixed with lemon juice, honey syrup, and bitter lemon soda.
- The English Garden is mixed with Seedlip, Garden, Distilled Non-Alcoholic Spirit, Fever tree Tonic Water, and Cucumber.
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: CAFÉ NUOVO, PROVIDENCE, RI