Café Nuovo is known to be “dazzling American chic,” as it is casually elegant and features a heavenly fusion of American regional, European, Asian and island flavors.
Café Nuovo is located at the Gondola Landing on Providence’s famed Riverwalk and has been recognized by Providence Journal as Rhode Island’s contribution to “world-class” dining.
In addition to enjoying delectable food and drink at Café Nuovo, you can also enjoy WaterFire through glass curtain walls or while dining al fresco on the outdoor piazza. Even if there is not a WaterFire show, you can always take advantage of the gorgeous views of the new Providence skyline while the river and gondolas roll by the romantic Café Nuovo perch.
Café Nuovo reinvents itself with each and every culinary creation that is put together, whether it be salads arranged as centerpieces, entrees making grand entrances, or desserts that dazzle. You will always find a reason to return to Café Nuovo for another delicious meal.
Check out some of my favorite dishes and drinks at Café Nuovo!
THE BEST BITES.
To start, try the Lettuce Wraps, Brussels Sprouts, Nuovo Crab Cocktail, Short Rib Croquettes, or the Tenderloin Carpaccio.
- The Lettuce Wraps are served with cucumber kimchi, shaved carrot and daikon radish, Korean mayo, pickled jicama, and pineapple lime-soy vinaigrette.
- If you are a brussels sprouts lover, you cannot go wrong with the Brussels from Café Nuovo, served with goat cheese crema, crispy bacon, polenta crouton, and a balsamic glaze.
- The Nuovo Crab Cocktail is perfect for seafood lovers, served with colossal lump crab, aurora sauce, mango chutney, and crispy brioche.
- The Short Rib Croquettes are served with braised short rib, truffle potato, Dijon aioli, and cherry bordelaise.
- And the Tenderloin Carpaccio is served with crispy fingerlings, horseradish aioli, arugula, and shaved parmesan.
For entrees, try the Boston Bibb salad, Stuffed Rigatoni pasta, Duck Pappardelle pasta, Salmon, Cioppino, or the Chilean Sea Bass.
- The Boston Bibb salad is mixed with golden delicious apples, cider dressing, spiced walnuts, and gorgonzola dolce, with the option to add grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, seared scallops, or filet tips.
- The pastas at Café Nuovo can all be served with gluten free pasta upon request. Some of my favorite pastas include the Stuffed Rigatoni as well as the Duck Pappardelle. The Stuffed Rigatoni is served with veal, prosciutto and portobello, endive, radicchio, and a fresh mozzarella portobello-madeira sauce.
- The Duck Pappardelle pasta is served with pulled duck confit, whiskey-soaked cherries, spiced walnuts, sage, and a natural jus.
- For something a little lighter, enjoy the Salmon – served with pistachio and panko crust, baby potatoes, haricots verts, creamed pearl onions, and a whole grain mustard beurre blanc.
- The Cioppino is extremely flavorful, served with Littleneck clams, shrimp, scallops, whitefish, fennel, braised tomato, and linguini.
- And the Chilean Sea Bass is served with coconut scented jasmine rice, bok choy, citrus segments, and yuzu-miso beurre blanc.
Of course, you cannot leave Café Nuovo without getting a dessert (or two)!
Some of my favorite desserts include the White Chocolate Bread Pudding, Dark Chocolate Tart, the Pot of Mousse, and the NY Style Cheesecake.
- The White Chocolate Bread Pudding is served with Pistachio Bavarian, raspberry compote, pistachio crumble, and raspberry ice cream.
- The Dark Chocolate Tart is served with orange, goat cheese mousse, chocolate crumble, and buttermilk orange sherbet.
- The Pot of Mousse is served with dark and white chocolate mousse, chocolate, raspberry and mango coulis, and Cappuccino Tartufo.
- And you can never go wrong with an NY Style Cheesecake, served with graham cracker, blueberry compote, lemon curd, blueberry praline, and toasted meringue.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
At Café Nuovo, you can enjoy a large list of wines, with everything from reds and whites to champagnes and sparkling, either by the glass or bottle!
Visit Café Nuovo at: https://www.cafenuovo.com/
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar, Boston, MA