The northeast is full of some of the most historical, stunning and fun getaways in the entire country – providing an experience that you will not be able to get anywhere else. Summer is not over yet, and there is still time to plan a day trip or weekend getaway to some of the most beautiful beach towns and locations in the entire northeast! We have pulled together some of our favorite places that are a must-add to your “beach bucket list” – check them out here and prepare for some of the best views of all time:
- Edgartown, Massachusetts. One of the most popular getaways in Massachusetts, Edgartown is located on Martha’s Vineyard – a beautiful island right off Cape Cod! Edgartown is filled with stunning views, awesome shopping and delicious restaurants.
- Wellfleet, Massachusetts. One of the best areas on Cape Cod – Wellfleet has some of the most beautiful beaches, stunning, awesome waves and not to mention, it is the home of one of the best bars and restaurants – The Beachcomber!
- Narragansett, Rhode Island. Known by many New Englanders as “Gansett,” this town is filled with beautiful beaches and a TON of fun! You can find one of Rhode Island’s most popular schools, University of Rhode Island, here.
- Montauk, New York. Montauk is located in East Hampton, New York and is known for its beaches, specifically Ditch Plains. Montauk is a very popular summer getaway for those living in New York City, and is a must-see!
- Fire Island, New York. Known for its fun summer communities, Fire Island has a ton to do, especially for families. Here, you can enjoy mini golf, beaches, great restaurants and awesome picnic spots!
- Wells, Maine. Wells is located within the town of York, Maine and is a very popular summer destination within the state. In and near Wells, you can enjoy Ogunquit Beach, brewing companies, hikes, antique stores and more!