If you are looking for some fine dining in Newport, Rhode Island, look no further than 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grill – evoking Newport with its charm and sense of place.
22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grill is a classic prime steakhouse that is rich in both texture and tradition – the perfect place for a date night or to celebrate a special event. 22 Bowen’s has a sophisticated charm, defined by its casual elegance, classic drinks, food you can enjoy indulging in, as well as warm and genuine hospitality.
Visit the City by the Sea’s premier waterfront dining destination this winter, and of course be sure to make a reservation during the summer where you can relax at their open-air bar or enjoy al fresco dining on Newport’s harbor front.
If you are planning on booking a private dining event, 22 Bowen’s is the perfect option! Their private dining spaces highlight the signature views that Bowen’s Wharf and Newport Harbor provide, while being conveniently central and accessible to hotels and other attractions.
THE BEST BITES.
For appetizers, I recommend starting off with the Wagyu Carpaccio, Charcuterie & Cheese, or the Lobster & Squid Ink Linguine.
- The Wagyu Carpaccio is thinly sliced Miyazaki A5 sirloin topped with hot pickled shallot and watercress.
- The Charcuterie & Cheese is perfect to share, featuring porchetta, foie gras torchon, soppressata, Manchego, aged cheddar, Roquefort, as well as seasonal accompaniments.
- And the Lobster & Squid Ink Linguine is served with roasted autumn squash, sage, and a ginger-chili nage.
For entrees, you cannot go wrong with the 22B Filet Mignon, Pork Tenderloin, or the Swordfish, served with Truffle Mac & Cheese, Lyonnaise Potatoes, or Autumn Squash Hash as sides.
- The 22B Filet Mignon is served with a pommes puree, haricot vert, mushroom bordelaise, and whipped blue cheese.
- The Pork Tenderloin is served with ginger spice rub, whipped sweet potato, haricot vert, as well as a pear-sherry chutney.
- And for seafood, the Swordfish is served with Autumn squash hash, sauteed baby kale, and a citrus beurre blanc.
While all the sides are delectable, I love the mac & cheese, potatoes, and hash!
- The Truffle Mac & Cheese is perfectly cheesy and savory – truly to die for, with the option to add lobster if you are looking to really treat yourself!
- The Lyonnaise Potatoes are fingerling potatoes served with bacon, caramelized onion, chive, and clarified butter.
- And for a seasonal special, the Autumn Squash Hash is winter squash served with local root vegetables, red onion, and sweet potato.
THE SEASIDE SIPS.
22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grill has the perfect beverage for every occasion. In addition to their uniquely curated cocktails, 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grill features a wine rack that ebbs and flows with new trends while still holding on to their dear traditions.
Some of my favorite seasonal cocktails include the Ginger Martini, Winter Negroni, Fireside, and the Chai Old Fashioned.
- The Ginger Martini is mixed with Ketel One Citroen, ginger liqueur, lemon, and ginger beer.
- The Winter Negroni is mixed with Tanqueray, pimms, and amaro Montenegro.
- The Fireside is a great option for tequila lovers, mixed with el buho mezcal, luxardo, and orange grapefruit.
- And the Chai Old Fashioned is mixed with nrg maker’s mark, chai Guinness syrup, and walnut bitters.
22 Bowen’s also has a reserve cocktail list – some of my favorites include the Patron Gran Platinum Margarita and The Chinato Barolo Manhattan.
- The Patron Gran Platinum Margarita is mixed with patron gran platinum, Solerno, lime, and agave.
- And the Chinato Barolo Manhattan is mixed with whistle pig ten year, g.d. vajra Barolo Chinato, peychaud’s bitters, orange, and cherry.
Did You Miss Last Week’s Best Bites & Seaside Sips Article? Check It Out Here: Coquette, Boston, MA